Wednesday 14 December 2011

Dreaming of bags

What a day, school performances left right and centre, extremely tired children, sock monkey madness… and then there's me going off in another direction again…

…I saw an image of an owl last night and for some reason decided I should try and make an owl bag for my niece for christmas! For CHRISTMAS – AM I NUTS!

Never mind that I've got two little boy monkeys that need their arms sewing on! Oh no, I need to make a bag. I need to get the idea out of my head, on to paper and then on to fabric! So I did, well I started at least, got as far as drawing the finished item, making a make shift pattern (like I do), and choosing some lovely fabric! Oh yeah… and making a mess in every room I went in…


This is meant to be living room floor, but I think floor space is overrated!

I have to say I'm very excited about this bag. I hope it looks as good finished as it does in my head at the minute!

I think I partly did so much today because it's been a tough day… my children have been pulling on the old heart strings and I miss my mum even more at christmas. I have shed quite a few tears today especially…  I'm quite emotional most of the time anyway but that teamed with a chorus of children wishing you merry christmas pushed me over the edge… that and my boy bursting into tears at the end of his christmas concert performance, amongst all of that my teacher whom I help out every week bought me a special gift…


…which of course made me cry too, especially when she said I was her angel! She's just lovely and I have been told by Mrs T that she's not just for christmas and she must stay out all year! …that said – she's going to live in my bedroom!

So I'm thinking… next year girls, we're going to make felt angels!!!

Thanks for looking and your always welcome to leave a comment.

Rachael

2 comments:

  1. That angel is so cute! Thought the year 3 concert was lovely and it bought a tear to my eye. Looking forward to seeing the owl bag.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was fabulous wasn't it. Oh how our babies have grown! I'm so excited about my bag! Going to try and make it tomorrow. What are you up to at the moment?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading – I would love to hear your comments.